Monday, March 1, 2010

Scroffice decor

While shopping at Michael's for my basketweave afghan yarn , I just HAD to stroll through the scrapbooking section too. Since my yarn was already on sale (YIPEE), I could not waste my 40% off coupons! I purchased a 12" x 12" stretched artist canvas and an opaque Cotton White StazOn ink pad and re-inker set. StazOn ink is designed especially for use on plastic, metal, glass, ceramic, polymer clay and glossy cardstock. Basically, most porous surfaces.

I'm trying my hand at altering the canvas with ink, paper and embellishments. I've noticed so much gorgeous artwork with canvases lately, that I thought I'd give it a try. My intentions are to make two and use them as wall artwork in my newly re-organized scroffice. This is a whole new medium for me and way out of my crafting comfort zone. I'll reveal the finished artwork in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment