Saturday, March 27, 2010

TPDL-Day 18

Day 18 - Experiencing Life Together

Point to Ponder: I need other sin my life.
Verse: "Share each other's troubles and problems, and in this way obey the law of Christ."
Galatians 6:2 (NLT)
Question to Consider: What one step can I take today to connect with another believer at a more genuine, heart-to-heart level?

UPDATE ~

Life is meant to be shared , experienced together through fellowship.

True fellowship allows for:
1. authenticity - getting honest about our lives, the good, the bad and the ugly parts.
2. mutuality - the art of giving and receiving.
3. sympathy - understanding and validation.
4. mercy - through forgiveness.

Of all the great points in this chapter, one stood out more to me, as if written in bold text in the book. "God will never ask me to forgive someone else more than He has already forgiven me." Showing mercy is a two-part process of forgiveness and trust. Forgiveness is letting go of the past and trust is about future behavior, rebuilt over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment