Thursday, March 11, 2010

Organize Your Stuff Challenge - week 7

Week 7 of the 2 Peas in a Bucket challenge had us organizing our IDEAS. Since I don't subscribe to any paper crafting magazines, nor do I belong to any monthly kit clubs, I assumed this would be an easy-peasy week. In fact, the first part was easy. I have three design books by Jeanette B. Lynton, founder of CTMH. They are filled with tons of layouts and sketches and are my "go-to" items when the scrapping mo-jo is not flowing. I decided to display them throughout my space, two in my desk unit and one in the Expedite. They are temporarily propped-up with photo boxes behind them. I'm still looking for the right display stands to hold these gorgeous books.

The execution of part two has been a thorn in my side for numerous weeks now. In the top photo, you can see a bunch of publications standing to the left of the Reflections design book. These are my CTMH Keynotes, issued six times per year and filled with creative ideas and tips, plus business and product education. I have been searching for two magazine holders to store these on the book shelf. No such luck finding the right color, in the right design, for the right price! But my search continues and I'm determined.
~~~~~
Below are the next design books I plan on purchasing. They have been on my wish list (no pun intended), waiting for me to take the leap into cardmaking. Originals and Wishes are two cardmaking programs (also from Jeanette B. Lynton) filled with hundreds of patterns, templates and artwork. Now I'll have no excuse for purchasing another over-priced, cookie-cutter, plain store card!













I think I've passed the "it'll get worse before it gets better" part of this re-organization. My scroffice was a disaster during the first few weeks of the challenge. Stuff that was pulled-out from every cabinet, drawer and cubby hole in my space was then scattered over the floor in preparation for sorting. Although we have 16 weeks left, I have been addressing some other areas each week and the light at the end of the tunnel is burning brighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment