Wednesday, March 10, 2010

TPDL-Day 3

Day 3 - What Drives Your Life?

Point to Ponder: Living on purpose is the path to peace.
Verse: "You, LORD, give perfect peace to those who keep their purpose firm and put their trust in you."
Isaiah 26: 3 (TEV)
Question to Consider: What would my family and friends say is the driving force of my life? What do I want it to be?

UPDATE ~

5 benefits of knowing and living a purpose-driven life:

1. gives meaning to your life
2. simplifies your life
3. focuses your life
4. motivates your life
5. prepares you for eternity

"Without God, life has no purpose, and without purpose, life has no meaning. Without meaning, life has no significance or hope. And hope comes from having a purpose. Purpose produces passion."

FOCUS is the word that stood out to me in this chapter. More than stood out ... it was like a flashing neon sign, blinking at high speed to get my attention. I need to simplify my life based on the question, "Does this (activity, commitment, involvement) help to fulfill God's purpose for my life?". Effective by selective is my new motto.

I want to pass God's final exam. I need to FOCUS God's blessings on me and use them to fulfill his purpose for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment