Friday, March 19, 2010

TPDL-Day 12

Day 12 - Developing Your Friendship With God

Point to Ponder: I'm as close to God as I choose to be.
Verse: "Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you."
James 4:8a (NLT)
Question to Consider: What practical choices will I make today in order to grow closer to God?

UPDATE ~

God expects total honesty and full disclosure, not perfection. I need to work through my "hidden rift" with God, letting go of my resentment over past pains. Bouts with doubt are normal and I do not need to hide them from God.

Close friendship with God does not make me his equal. Obedience out of love and trust is necessary for a deeper relationship with God. Simple acts done out of loving obedience are treasured by God.

I no longer need an agenda, but need to follow God's agenda. "Friends of God tell their friends about God" - simple and direct.

I choose to develop a deep friendship with God. Going through the motions is not enough anymore and I've heard God's wake up call. It's time to step it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment