Saturday, March 13, 2010

Trip to IKEA


Since the weather gurus called for rain most of the day, my girls and I trekked up to IKEA. Love this place and glad we have a store nearby. My budget was limited, but I had a few things in mind to help with my scroffice re-do. I've been looking for a new desk lamp since the glass dome on our old one shattered. Brushed nickel finish is difficult to find in a style I like. I lucked out and found this one (Kroby) for only $19.99!





I picked-up three of these little guys (# 664.513.09) for only 99 cents each. Although IKEA carries tons of dinnerware, they don't sell plate or book stands. I found these wooden ones in the frame section. They're a simple design, but will look great painted in a room coordinating color. I can now display my design books in style!





My search for the elusive magazine holders is finally over. I bought a pack of these (Kassett line) and will cover them with paper to accent my space. The pack of 2 was only $2.99 and should provide enough storage for all my CTMH Keynotes publications and past Idea Books.








And I couldn't resist a pack of these CD holders. They'll help corral all the CDs that keep multiplying at my home. They're from the same Kassett line as the magazine holders and I'll probably cover them also.






Everything cost under $32.00 and solves 3 issues in my space, so the trip was a success. My two youngest daughters enjoyed some time in Smaland while my oldest daughter and I browsed the store. We had dinner in their restaurant and we're pleased with the chicken fingers and Swedish meatballs. And the underground parking was a God-send since the rain never stopped all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment