Day 19 - Cultivating Community
Point to Ponder: Community requires commitment.
Verse: "We understand what love is when we realize that Christ gave his life for us. That means we must give our lives for other believers."
1 John 3:16 (GWT)
Question to Consider: How can I help cultivate today the characteristics of real community in my small group and my church?
Cultivating community takes:
1. honesty - speak the truth in love
2. humility - not by thinking less of yourself, but by thinking of yourself less
3. courtesy - respect each member of God's family
4. confidentiality - God hates gossip
5. frequency - invest time to build genuine fellowship
Community and deep fellowship requires commitment, the basis of which is our relationship to God and our membership in his family.