Sunday, March 7, 2010

Organize Your Stuff Challenge - weeks 4, 5 & 8




Weeks 4, 5 and 8 of the Organize Your Stuff Challenge were paper (4), scraps (5) and projects, unfinished layouts and kits (8). Although my paper stash was not a huge mess, it was scattered in numerous places throughout my space. It has been purged, consolidated and stored in Cropper Hopper (CH) vertical files in my IKEA Expedit. I removed all the cardstock from my CTMH paper kits and merged it with the rest of my cardstock stash. And I only had to purchase one additional CH to have all my paper looking lovely and organized! Non-CTMH pattern paper is stored in its own CH. Specialty papers such as Creative Basics, vellum and Stick Stock have been organized in smaller-size CH Paper Pouches.

Removing the cardstock from my CTMH kits reduced the amount of space they consumed. I purchased the basket below to house the kits "out-in-the open". "Out of sight, out of mind" does not work in my craft area, so this basket serves as room decor and a gentle reminder to use my existing supplies.

And since I located my trusty Brother P-Touch labeler, each CTMH paper kit is labeled and alphabetized for easy retrieval. As we work through the trench weeks of this challenge, the space decorating week is my "light at the end of the tunnel". Once there, I intend to add some gorgeous flourish rub-ons to the front side of my new kit basket. My scroffice will be organized ... and pretty!

Next up are photos of my progress during week 7 (Ideas), 9 (Embellishments) and our current week 10 (Alphas).

1 comment: