Wednesday, March 17, 2010

TPDL-Day 10

Day 10 - The Heart of Worship

Point to Ponder: The heart of worship is surrender.
Verse: "Surrender your whole being to him to be used for righteous purposes."
Romans 6:13b (TEV)
Question to Consider: What area of my life am I holding back from God?

UPDATE ~

Barriers blocking my surrender to God:
1. FEAR - My desire to control circumstances and outcomes tells me I still have not surrendered to God. I need to fully trust that he knows best for me. And I can't fully trust him until I know him better.
2. PRIDE - I've never looked at my desire to control all aspects of my life as a "struggle with God". Taking charge is just my way of doing things. And now that I've typed-out "my way of doing things", it makes sense. It's not about my way, but God's way. Seems so simple, yet so hard for me.
3. CONFUSION - I need to "let go and let God" and trust more.

I am choosing to surrender to God, not chaos or other idols such as money. My plans (controlled situations) must be put aside in order to fully surrender to him. I am asking for Jesus to take the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment