Saturday, March 13, 2010

TPDL-Day 6

Day 6 - Life Is a Temporary Assignment

Point to Ponder: This world is not my home.
Verse: "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Corinthians 4:18 (NIV)
Question to Consider: How should the fact that life on earth is just a temporary assignment change the way I am living right now?

UPDATE ~

My perspective is skewed and out of balance. How is it possible to not get too attached to your current life (and family or children)? I get that my time here on earth is temporary and short, like the introduction of a story. I understand the greatest chapters are to come in heaven, not here on earth. But it is difficult to fully deny all the values and priorities of this world. I struggle with this constantly.

Living an abundant life is not about material abundance. Faithfulness to God does not guarantee worldly success. Faithful service allows for my promised reward in heaven, my true homeland.

No comments:

Post a Comment