Wednesday, April 21, 2010

TPDL-Day 35

Day 35 - God's Power in Your Weakness

Point to Ponder: God works best when I admit my weakness.
Verse: "My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness."
2 Corinthians 12:9a (NIV)
Question to Consider: Am I limiting God's power in my life by trying to hide my weakness? What do I need to be honest about in order to help others?

UPDATE -

God loves to use weak, imperfect, ordinary people to do extraordinary things. God is never limited by our limitations and wants to turn our greatest weaknesses into strengths.

Admit your weaknesses - own up, stop pretending and be honest.
Be content with your weaknesses - contentment is an expression of faith in the goodness of God.
Share your weaknesses - ministry begins with vulnerability.
Glory in your weaknesses - receive grace and lean on God.

I've always said "it is a strength to know and admit your weaknesses". But I never really thought about how God uses my weaknesses for his glory. I now see that those weaknesses (not faults) cause a dependence on God, prevent arrogance, encourage fellowship between believers and increase my capacity for sympathy and ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment