Thursday, April 8, 2010

TPDL-Day 22

Purpose # 3 - You Were Created To Become Like Christ

Day 22 - Created to Become Like Christ

Point to Ponder: I was created to become like Christ.
Verse: "As the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like him and reflect his glory even more."
2 Corinthians 3:18b (NLT)
Question to Consider: In what area of my life do I need to ask for the Spirit's power to be like Christ today?

UPDATE ~

Sanctification, becoming more like Christ, is the third purpose of my life here on earth. God wants to shape and develop my character, not change my personality or the uniqueness he created in me. Spiritual growth and maturity is not easy, and my time spent on earth is meant to strength my character. I am a work-in-progress, to be fully completed in heaven.

3 responsibilities in becoming like Christ:

1. let go of the old ways of acting
2. change the way you think
3. "put on " the character of Christ by developing new, godly habits

No comments:

Post a Comment