Day 21 - Protecting Your Church
Point to Ponder: It is my responsibility to protect the unity of my church.
Verse: "Let us concentrate on the things which make for harmony and the growth of our fellowship together."
Romans 14:19 (PH)
Question to Consider: What am I personally doing to protect unity in my church family right now?
Unity is the soul of fellowship, as modeled by the Trinity. And it is my duty to protect the unity of my church. I am responsible to do what's best for the body of Christ, not myself.
- focus on commonality, not differences
- have realistic expectations
- encourage, not criticize
- refuse to listen to gossip
- practice God's method for conflict resolution
- support pastors and leaders