Day 28 - It Takes Time
Point to Ponder: There are no shortcuts to maturity.
Verse: "God began doing a good work in you, and I am sure he will continue it until it is finished when Jesus Christ comes again."
Philippians 1:6 (NCV)
Question to Consider: In what area of my spiritual growth do I need to be more patient and persistent?
Spiritual maturity takes time:
1. We are slow learners - repeated exposure creates new habits
2. We have a lot to learn - old habits must be removed and replaced
3. We are afraid to face the truth about ourselves - denial doesn't work
4. Growth is painful and scary - self-defeating ways feel comfortable and familiar
5. Habits take time to develop - practice, practice, practice
Cooperation with God is key:
1. Believe God is working in your life even when you don't feel it.
2. Record lessons learned.
3. Be patient with God and yourself.
4. Don't get discouraged.
PBPGINFWMY <---- leave a comment if you know what this means