Friday, April 9, 2010

TPDL-Day 23

Day 23 - How We Grow

Point to Ponder: It is never too late to start growing.
Verse: "Let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind. Then you will be able to know the will of God - what is good and is pleasing to him and is perfect."
Romans 12:2b (TEV)
Question to Consider: What is one area where I need to stop thinking my way and starting thinking God's way?

UPDATE ~

"Nothing shapes your life more than the commitments you choose to make. Your commitments can develop you or they can destroy you, but either way, they will define you. We become whatever we are committed to."

I choose to be a follower of Christ through an intentional commitment. The want and decide parts were easy; the effort (and especially the persistence) parts have been more of a challenge. I need to make sure my deeds are consistent with my creeds, and my beliefs are reflected in my behavior. The acknowledgement that I need to stifle my own willpower and let "Jesus take the wheel" is easier than the actual process of letting go of control.

"Change starts in your mind. The way you think determines the way you feel, and the way you feel influences the way you act." Spiritual maturity involves shifting my thinking from self-centered and self-seeking, to a focus on others, not myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment