Tuesday, April 13, 2010

TPDL-Day 27

Day 27 - Defeating Temptation

Point to Ponder: There is always a way out.
Verse: "God is faithful. He will keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can't stand up against it. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you will not give in to it."
1 Corinthians 10:13b (NLT)
Question to Consider: Who can I ask to be a spiritual partner to help me defeat a persistent temptation by praying for me?

UPDATE -

God promises that he will never allow more on me than he puts within me to handle it.

Biblical keys to defeating temptation:

1. refocus your attention - resisting only intensifies and reinforces a focus
2. reveal struggles - don't repress; confess, don't conceal; reveal to heal
3. resist - fight back with the power of God's Word
4. realize your vulnerability - it is easier to stay out of temptation than to get out of it

No comments:

Post a Comment