Thursday, April 29, 2010

Organize Your Stuff Challenge - week # 17


I'm completely caught-up with the Organize Your Stuff Challenge over at 2Peas and can cross "punches" off my task list. The question of the week posted: "With the invention of all the die-cutting machines, do punches seem somewhat "old school" to you now?" I do own a Cuttlebug to dry emboss and use my Spellbinders Nestabilities. I don't own an electronic die-cutting machine and I have no intention of purchasing one. Punches, especially borders, are big right now. And I don't think basic shape punches will ever go out of style. Compared to some scrappers (certain Peas will remain nameless), my inventory of punches is pathetic. It might not even count as an "inventory", since it's so small. But, none the less, they are organized!

I love the one-and-only Fiskars border punch I have and my wish-list of designs is growing (Effervescence, All-A-Fleur & Diamond). I use the EK Success scallop circle to create the gorgeous paper flowers that you currently see everywhere on cards, layouts and paper craft projects. I picked-up the Martha Stewart punches at Walmart after the holidays for a steal-of-a-deal. They punch smooth and crisp every time I use them. I have my eye on a few of her "punch around the page" designs.

Week 18 covers "tools" and I'm getting a head start in that area today.

No comments:

Post a Comment