Day 20 - Restoring Broken Fellowship
Point to Ponder: Relationships are always worth restoring.
Verse: "Do everything possible on your part to live in peace with everybody."
Romans 12:18 (TEV)
Question to Consider: Who do I need to restore a broken relationshps with today?
I need to be a better peacemaker. Peacemaking is not avoiding conflict, nor appeasement. God has given me the ministry of restoring relationships, no matter how difficult the task may be.
7 Biblical Steps to Restoring Fellowship:
1. Talk to God first - ventilate vertically.
2. Take initiative - make the first move.
3. Sympathize - listen and understand the other perspective.
4. Confess your part in the conflict - accept responsibility and ask for forgiveness.
5. Attack the problem, not the person - how you say something is as important as what you say.
6. Cooperate - compromise, not compete.
7. Emphasize reconciliation, not resolution - disagree without being disagreeable.