Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My new Rebel T2i

I have wanted to upgrade my Kodak bridge camera to a DSLR and have been researching models for months. It's been quite a while since I've used a SLR camera and I can't wait to get reacquainted. As my family and friends know, I am the Queen of Research. I choose the Canon EOS Rebel T2i and DH and I decided it would be my Christmas present. This is a camera I can grow into as I re-learn the basics of photography after using a point-and-shoot for so long.

I decided to purchase just the T2i body instead of a kit (lens included) since I wanted to choose lens I purchase based on my usage. I picked up the Canon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS zoom lens to start with and have been thrilled with my photos so far. Next up will be a prime lens, probably the Canon 50mm f/1.4.

I'm starting the 2Peas in a Bucket, "12 Weeks to Better Photos", FREE online workshop next week and am excited to refresh my photography skills, step out of auto-mode and get comfortable with my new camera. Now I need to find a cute camera bag ;)

1 comment:

  1. have fun with it, Lisa! I expect to see tons of scrapbook pages created with all those photos! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete