Saturday, December 18, 2010

Lovely Leaf Lace Scarf

I am currently working on the gorgeous Lovely Leaf Lace scarf I found over at The Purl Bee. It's the most intricate pattern I've attempted so far, and I love all the details. The stitches that create this beautiful and dimensional pattern are a simple combination of strategic yarn-overs and decreases. The lace pattern has a wonderful dimensionality, while the stockinette pattern curls around your neck like a big soft hug.

I choose a great 100% Peruvian Highland Merino Wool (The Heathers 220 - color 9407) from Cascade Yarns and I'm thrilled how the flecks of color accent the stitch pattern. Sharon Fogg, the owner of StillWater Fibers, helped guide my choice as I'm still learning the ins and outs of yarn selection. Her customer service is superb and I will definitely visit her shop again. Thanks Sharon!

No comments:

Post a Comment