Monday, December 27, 2010

Jeanette Lynton's FINAL Color Me Monday

I Love the Winter Weather

"... OK, so perhaps I don’t love being in the winter weather, but I do enjoy looking at it. When the world is covered in a blanket of glistening snow and everything is touched with silver, it’s a pretty beautiful thing. Today’s final installment of Color Me Monday celebrates that look with a color combination in Buttercup, Grey Flannel, Outdoor Denim, and Sky. You’ll note that all the colors here are soft, with the exception of punches of Denim, reminiscent of a December nightfall. The Buttercup and Sky stamping (the background of the Winter Cheer card and pennants) are all in second generation, to give just a hint of color.

And just like the outdoors, every piece of artwork today is brushed with silver—the sentiments and snowflakes on the card are created with glitter rub-ons, the One of a Kind card is brushed with pearl paint, and my Mix ‘n’ Mingle clear banner is lavished in Dimensional Elements snowflakes frosted in silver and embossed in silver as well. Makes me want to cozy up for the end of the year!


And speaking of “end,” I did indeed say that this would be the very last post on Color Me Monday. It’s been such fun to experiment with color, share color tricks, and show my artwork and artwork created by my friends and fellow stampers in our art studio. If you’ve enjoyed Color Me Monday each week, then I think you’ll like what I have planned for 2011, too! I’ll be sharing “52 Weeks of Wonder,” a stamping technique every single week. Can’t wait to see you then!"

Jeanette Lynton

No comments:

Post a Comment