Saturday, September 24, 2011

Invest in the Future

Invest in the Future by Saving by Rick Warren

"Wise people live in wealth and luxury, but stupid people spend their money as fast as they get it." (Proverbs 21:20 TEV)

The Bible says a lot about making financial investments. In fact, you can see that Proverbs 21:20 is God's IQ test! Let's see how smart you are: wise people save for the future, but foolish people spend whatever they get.

There is a question you can ask yourself that will help you save more money. It's really simple. When you get ready to buy something, ask yourself, “Do I really need this?” And then be honest enough to tell yourself.

For instance, do I really need a new car? Well, I know I'd like it. But do I really need a new car? Do I really need this upgrade? I know I'd like it, but do I really need it?

A fundamental financial principle is this: when you spend your money, it's gone. Yet when you save your money, it works for you. The problem with most of us is that we work for our money instead of letting our money work for us. If you'll do it God's way, you can get out of debt, and you can be blessed.

How will you need to adjust your finances so they line up with God’s way?

No comments:

Post a Comment